CADWELD® Exothermic Connections FAQ
What are the benefits of a CADWELD connection vs. mechanical connections?
- The current carrying capacity of the connection is equal to that of the conductor
- The connection is a permanent molecular bond that cannot loosen.
- The connection will not corrode.
- The connection will not increase in resistance.
- They are easy to make. Only minimal training is required.
- They can be visually inspected for quality.
- They use lightweight equipment and require no external power source.
- They provide reliable long life connections that are ideal for below grade or applications providing personnel or equipment protection.
View all FAQs for CADWELD® Exothermic Connections