Changes to the Building Code Requirements for Masonry Construction require longer lap lengths for some bar sizes. These changes mean more congestion in masonry cells and more difficult construction. To alleviate this problem, builders can either use open-cell blocks, which are quite expensive, or use mechanical rebar couplers to eliminate the lap.
LENTONÂ® MASON LOCK is a taper-threaded coupler that quickly and easily connects two pieces of rebar. This cost-effective connector uses the time-tested, field-proven taper thread to help assure strength, consistency and reliability while simplifying installation. LENTON taper-threaded splices are designed for use on worldwide standard grades of rebar and meet ACIÂ®-318, BS EN 1992-1-1 and DIN EN 1992-1-1 full-tension splice requirements and many other international standards. LENTON couplers are available in sizes #3 - #18 (10 mm - 57 mm).
LENTON MASON LOCK taper-threaded splices:
Designed to eliminate lap splices in CMU block walls.
Accelerate construction schedules. They are one of the fastest systems to install.
Help ensure easy installation with the problem-solving taper-thread design.
Are excellent for future extension applications.
Increase structural integrity
LENTON MASON LOCK serves as an effective alternative to open-cell blocks.
How it works:
1. Place the threaded male dowel into footer with the LENTON taper-threaded end pointing upwards covered by a breakaway thread protector cap. Specify dowel length â€“ Â˝ lift height recommended Footer. Specify anchorage details for hook or LENTONÂ® TERMINATOR Threaded Male Dowel Breakaway Bar Thread Protector Cap.
2. Install masonry block wall to heights or lifts that agree with current codes and standard practices. Recommended maximum dowel length is eight feet.
3. From the top of the masonry wall, reach down using the LENTON MASON LOCK assembly and tap the breakaway cap. The cap will break away, allowing the coupler to be threaded onto the rebar.
4. After the cap has broken away, hand tighten the LENTON MASON LOCK coupler assembly onto the protruding male dowel.
5. To complete the installation, grip the exposed length of rebar protruding from the top of the block wall with a pipe wrench. Tighten the LENTON MASON LOCK assembly in a clockwise rotation until tight. Refer to supplied installation instructions for recommended tightness.
(For additional lifts, repeat steps 2-5)
ACI is a registered trademark of the American Concrete Institute.
ERICO products shall be installed and used only as indicated in ERICO's product instruction sheets and
training materials. Instruction sheets are available at www.erico.com and from your ERICO customer service
representative. Improper installation, misuse, misapplication or other failure to completely follow ERICO's
instructions and warnings may cause product malfunction, property damage, serious bodily injury and death.
ERICO products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of shipment.
NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE), SHALL EXIST IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF ANY ERICO PRODUCTS. Claims for errors,
shortages, defects or nonconformities ascertainable upon inspection must be made in writing within 5 days
after Buyer's receipt of products. All other claims must be made in writing to ERICO within 6 months from the
date of shipment or transport. Products claimed to be nonconforming or defective must, upon ERICO's prior
written approval in accordance with its standard terms and procedures governing returns, promptly be returned
to ERICO for inspection. Claims not made as provided above and within the applicable time period will be
barred. ERICO shall in no event be responsible if the products have not been stored or used in accordance
with its specifications and recommended procedures. ERICO will, at its option, either repair or replace
nonconforming or defective products for which it is responsible or return the purchase price to the Buyer.
THE FOREGOING STATES BUYER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF ERICO WARRANTY AND FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER
SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, FOR LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE SALE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ERICO excludes all liability except such liability that is directly attributable to the willful or gross
negligence of ERICO's employees. Should ERICO be held liable its liability shall in no event exceed the
total purchase price under the contract. ERICO SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR
PROFITS, DOWNTIME OR DELAY, LABOR, REPAIR OR MATERIAL COSTS OR ANY SIMILAR OR DISSIMILAR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS
OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY BUYER.
Due to a policy of continued product development, specifications are subject to change without notice.
CADDY, CADWELD, CRITEC, ERICO, ERIFLEX, ERITECH, and LENTON are registered trademarks of ERICO