With almost two decades of successful field application, the ERITECHÂ® SYSTEM 3000 was enhanced in 2003 with an optimized ERITECHÂ® DYNASPHERE MKIV air terminal, ERITECHÂ® ERICORE cable system and supporting design software for a greater protection level. These advancements are a result of research, involving long-term field studies, laboratory testing using some of the largest outdoor test laboratories, and countless research study programs including joint ventures with accomplished scientists in the field, resulting in some of the most up-to-date published technical papers and journals.
The ERITECH SYSTEM 3000 has evolved from this research activity, with earlier versions of the ERITECH SYSTEM 3000 providing a building block for the latest advancements through extensive field studies, leading edge indoor and outdoor high voltage testing and supported by computer modeling research.
ERICO is involved in the lightning protection industry in many countries around the world and hence acknowledges the diverse protection methods that exist today.
The ERITECH SYSTEM 3000 integrated direct strike protection system provides protection for structures, buildings and their occupants against the effects of direct lightning strikes.
- Advanced lightning system based on latest lightning research and technology
- Location of air terminal(s) on structure is determined using LPSD, ERICO's proprietary Lightning Protection System Designer package.
- Collection Volume design principle used by LPSD resulting in effective lightning protection coverage.
- Economical and easy to install
- Consists of:
- ERITECH DYNASPHERE Air Terminal â€“ non-radioactive terminal manufactured from high quality, non-corrosive materials
- ERITECH ERICORE Downconductor â€“ purpose-designed shielded downconductor reduces the risk of side-flashing and safely conducts lightning energy to ground
- Grounding System â€“ purpose-designed low-impedance system to safely disperse lightning energy
- Lightning Event Counter â€“ automatically registers lightning strikes, thus proving the efficiency of your system
- The ERITECH SYSTEM 3000 can be used wherever there is the possibility of direct lightning strikes that may affect valuable equipment and/or facilities
- These include communications towers, television stations, oil/gas platforms, high rise buildings, schools, hospitals, factories, and explosive/volatile fuels storage areas
- Applications that require the benefit of an isolated protection system would benefit in particular using the ERITECH SYSTEM 3000.
||ERITECH SYSTEM 3000 Installation|
How the ERITECH DYNASPHERE D/SMKIV-SS Works
Modern research and recording methods have led to a better understanding of the lightning discharge process, and various breakthroughs have been achieved in the simulation of lightning electric-field conditions. ERICO has been one of the leaders in this field of research, employing a combination of computer modeling, field studies, natural and rocket triggered testing and HV laboratory testing techniques. A number of technical research papers have resulted from this work.
The ERITECH DYNASPHERE has been designed to meet all of the criteria necessary for the controlled emission of a streamer. The concept of controlled is important because it is not effective to launch a streamer too early â€“ the ambient field will not be large enough to convert the streamer to a leader and so the streamer will cease to propagate.
The characteristics of an optimum air terminal are:
- Minimal pre-strike corona / space charge
- Streamers released only when the ambient electric field can sustain leader initiation and propagation
The ERITECH DYNASPHERE D/SMKIV-SS has been developed with these two concepts in mind.
Our online ERITECHÂ® Lightning Protection Calculator is now available for use!
The online calculator is designed to aid customers in selecting various ERITECHÂ® Lightning Protection products, build a Bill of Materials, request a quotation and view individual product specifications.
To access the calculator, click here.
Warning, Warranty and Limitation of Liability
ERICO products shall be installed and used only as indicated in ERICO's product instruction sheets and
training materials. Instruction sheets are available at www.erico.com and from your ERICO customer service
representative. Improper installation, misuse, misapplication or other failure to completely follow ERICO's
instructions and warnings may cause product malfunction, property damage, serious bodily injury and death.
ERICO products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of shipment.
NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE), SHALL EXIST IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF ANY ERICO PRODUCTS. Claims for errors,
shortages, defects or nonconformities ascertainable upon inspection must be made in writing within 5 days
after Buyer's receipt of products. All other claims must be made in writing to ERICO within 6 months from the
date of shipment or transport. Products claimed to be nonconforming or defective must, upon ERICO's prior
written approval in accordance with its standard terms and procedures governing returns, promptly be returned
to ERICO for inspection. Claims not made as provided above and within the applicable time period will be
barred. ERICO shall in no event be responsible if the products have not been stored or used in accordance
with its specifications and recommended procedures. ERICO will, at its option, either repair or replace
nonconforming or defective products for which it is responsible or return the purchase price to the Buyer.
THE FOREGOING STATES BUYER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF ERICO WARRANTY AND FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER
SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, FOR LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE SALE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ERICO excludes all liability except such liability that is directly attributable to the willful or gross
negligence of ERICO's employees. Should ERICO be held liable its liability shall in no event exceed the
total purchase price under the contract. ERICO SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR
PROFITS, DOWNTIME OR DELAY, LABOR, REPAIR OR MATERIAL COSTS OR ANY SIMILAR OR DISSIMILAR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS
OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY BUYER.
Due to a policy of continued product development, specifications are subject to change without notice.
CADDY, CADWELD, CRITEC, ERICO, ERIFLEX, ERITECH, and LENTON are registered trademarks of ERICO