The nVent ERICO Electronic Track Signal Protector series provides transient protection from surges induced or conducted onto low-voltage signal circuits for trackside signaling equipment. The series of surge-protection devices is ideal for protecting DC-responsive track relays, train-detection systems, microprocessor-based train-control and indication circuits, train inspection systems, communications systems, highway crossing controls and other operationally sensitive systems.
nVent ERICO Electronic Track Signal Protector devices help ensure that surges do not pose a safety threat in the event of component failure. Indicators on the device help safeguard the device against shorts and provide status indication at a glance. The device cover is marked with the operating voltage and part number, which allows easy identification as to proper application.
- Includes hybrid technology comprised of gap-type voltage switching and varistor-type voltage clamping components
- Designed with a fail-safe, isolated from ground failure modes as required for critical signal circuits
- Protects sensitive electronic equipment in exposed locations
- Epoxy coating helps ensure stability of operation under adverse conditions and in locations of high humidity
- Exceeds the AREMA® specifications for both arrestor and equalizer applications
- Provides a 50 kA 8/20 maximum surge rating for protection that is suitable for exposed trackside equipment
|Nominal System Voltage (Un)
|Max Continuous Operating Voltage (Uc)
|Voltage Protection Level (Up)
||300 V @ 3 kA
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)
||30 kA 8/20 μs L+L-PE
|Max Discharge Current (Imax)
||50 kA 8/20 μs L+L-PE
|Leakage Current @ Un
||1 nA Max
||5 MHz Max
||Two Mode, L1-PE and L2-PE
||Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV)
Gas Discharge Tube (GDT)
||AREMA® Stud-Type Terminals – 2 Post Terminal Block
||Dual spring thermal disconnect
||UL® 94V-0 Thermoplastic
||0 – 90 % RH
||-40 to 176 °F
||ANSI®/IEEE® C62.41.2-2002 Cat A, Cat B, Cat C
IEC® 61643-1 Class II
|Standard Packaging Quantity
nVent, nVent CADDY, nVent ERICO, nVent ERIFLEX, and nVent LENTON are owned by nVent or its global affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. nVent reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice.
nVent products shall be installed and used only as indicated in nVent's product instruction sheets and training materials. Instruction sheets are available at www.erico.com and from your nVent customer service representative. Improper installation, misuse, misapplication or other failure to completely follow nVent's instructions and warnings may cause product malfunction, property damage, serious bodily injury and death and/or void your warranty.