After extensive research, nVent ERIFLEX is proud to establish a new gold standard in terms of insulation for flexible busbar called nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced. The new product is low smoke, halogen-free and flame retardant all while maintaining the level of flexibility and reliability that our partners have come to expect from nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar.
Compared to standard PVC insulation, nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced does not generate corrosive gases and produces a relatively low smoke opacity in accordance with ISO 5659-2. The low smoke characteristic improves the visibility conditions for people to be able to easily locate the emergency exit and also allows rescue workers to assess an emergency situation more clearly. nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced means greater safety for individuals, less damage for your electrical equipment and less environmental impact.
The halogen–free feature enables a reduction in the quantity of toxic smoke. nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced does not contain any halogens, according to IEC 60754-1, minimizing toxicity and making it the ideal product for use in enclosed spaces such as data centers, rail and other spaces where people are welcome such as hospitals and schools. This also facilitates the use of nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced in specific applications such as submarines, switchboards and other enclosed environments that require a low emissions solution.
In addition to being halogen-free, nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced is also compliant with the UL 94-V0 testing standard. The flame retardant portion of the test illustrates the self-extinguish feature. This superior feature of nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar Advanced is also shown by the Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI) at 30%. In case of fire, ERFILEX Flexibar Advanced generates a limited quantity of smoke that is less damaging to your electrical equipment.
- Thin layers of tinned electrolytic copper formed into a stack
- Full range from 19.5 mm² up to 1200 mm² and 125 A to 2800 A
- Insulated by high-resistance, halogen free, flame retardant and low smoke material with less than 20% contact with conductor for high flexibility
- Easily bent, folded, and twisted, improving assembly flexibility, shortening connections, and decreasing footprint
- Dramatically smaller and more flexible than comparable cable based on ampacity
- Better power density than cable with lower skin effect ratio
- Connections made by punching and bolting directly through the copper laminates or clamping onto the end of the nVent ERIFLEX Flexibar
- No lugs needed, reducing installation time and improving resistance to vibration
- Weight savings and material savings compared to wire alternatives
- Reduces total installation cost
- Traceability codes and designation part numbers printed on insulation
- Conforms to NF EN 45545 obtaining an HL2 classification for chapters R22 and R23
- 100% production dielectric tested
- RoHS compliant
|Typical Application Current Rating
|Halogen Free Rating
|Low Smoke Rating
|Smoke, Toxicity and Acidity Rating
|Nominal Voltage, UL/CSA/IEC
||-58 to 239 °F
||IEC® 60695-2-11 (Glow Wire Test 960 °C)
IEC® 61439.1 Class II
|∆T 30 K
|∆T 45 K
|∆T 60 K
|Conducting Layers (N)
|2 Bar Current Coefficient
|3 Bar Current Coefficient
EAC 02941 (Russian Federation)
EN 45545-2 CC11618_FADV_IBSADV
IEC 60695-2-12 CC10817_FADV
IEC 60754-1-2 CC10917_FADV
IEC 61439-1 Class II FLEXIBAR_ADV
IEC 61439-1 FLEXIBAR_ADV
ISO 5659-2 CC11117_FADV
|Standard Packaging Quantity
Pentair, CADDY, CADWELD, CRITEC, ERICO, ERIFLEX, ERITECH and LENTON are owned by Pentair or its global affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pentair reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice.
Pentair products shall be installed and used only as indicated in Pentair's product instruction sheets and training materials. Instruction sheets are available at www.erico.pentair.com and from your Pentair customer service representative. Improper installation, misuse, misapplication or other failure to completely follow Pentair's instructions and warnings may cause product malfunction, property damage, serious bodily injury and death and/or void your warranty.